The World According to Jen

Saturday, August 11, 2007

OK, Tel, Here Goes

Since Tel tagged me, I guess I had better get cracking with the answers.

The Rules:
1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged write their own blog post about their eight things and include these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged and that they should read your blog.
5. 8 is a magic number. Not three.


1. I had far too much dental work done as a child. I'm fairly certain that we sent the dentist's kids to college. The sadist convinced my parents that I needed braces at age 6 to correct my two front teeth and that my baby teeth all needed to be pulled. Well, not all, just all but three. And he yelled at me if I cried.

2. I am far more fascinated with popping out blackheads than I should be. I'm not sure what that says about me other than I still have the teenage acne one should outgrow by the time she is 36. I guess my skin didn't get the memo.

3. The Frank Sinatra song, "The Way You Look Tonight" is likely to make me burst into tears wherever I am. It happened at Starbucks last week.

4. For normal people, after nursing, their boobs tend to get smaller. Not mine. They stayed the same. God only knows what will happen should I end up having and nursing another baby. Scary.

5. I have moments when I am convinced that I will not live to see age 61, but then that's probably not that crazy since both of my parents died at age 60.

6. If George of the Jungle with Brendan Fraser is on television, I will watch it. Anytime, anywhere. That movie has gotten me through some tough times, including the bar exam.

7. I am terrified of being trapped in an elevator. That fear is only surpassed by the fear of being trapped in an elevator while needing to pee.

8. I loathe ketchup. Unless it's on an In n Out burger, which I order without the sauce. And the tomato and the cheese. Whatever. I want it how I want it.

Since I don't really know 8 people to send this to who haven't already been tagged, I'm changing the rules. Here, in no particular order are 8 random things about Bug:

1. This is Bug's favorite song. She asks for it by name. Repeatedly.
2. Her favorite color is red.
3. Her love of the Wiggles seems to be declining. Sesame Street is pretty high on the list these days. And Jack's Big Music Show.
4. She just had her third haircut, not because her hair is too long, but because, like her mommy, she needs it thinned out regularly. Otherwise, it's most unruly.
5. Her favorite foods are macaroni and cheese and bacon.
6. She does not have a lovey. Instead, it really depends on the day as to what she wants to snuggle with at bedtime. Last night, it was mommy's slippers, a toy soda bottle from her shopping cart, and a stuffed puppy. The night before, it was a book, a scarf, and some beads.
7. She currently has an aversion to wearing pants.
8. She knows more things than I knew. She can count to ten in English without assistance and Spanish (with coaching). She knows her shapes. And she finally identifies colors by their names rather than their corresponding Wiggle character.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • :) re: zits - I'm 43 and I still get 'em. Not blackheads, tho. Thank Gott.

    Better to be trapped in an elevator than a closet

    Bug is a friggin genius.

    By Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl, at 4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home