The World According to Jen

Monday, March 20, 2006

Thanks, XT!

You should already know this, but XT is an incredibly fabulous human being. I have known this for years, but she totally went over and above the call of duty (AGAIN -- see very pregnant XT driving to L.A. for my mom's funeral and helping us clean out mom's apartment) when she came over on Saturday and cleaned my house. I had been panicking over getting everything done in time for a bunch of people coming over next weekend to celebrate Bug's First Birthday. So she offered to come over and help.

Oh my god! She scrubbed my kitchen. She introduced us to the Mr. Clean sponge thingy to get black spots off the wall. My kitchen has not been this clean since we moved in. She organized my books. And she made me go through the piles of crap that have accumulated in the mere year since we moved here.

It's so lovely, I could cry. G said he considered sleeping in the kitchen because he was so happy it was so clean.

XT also got us through Bug's first fever and kept me from freaking out. Bug woke up just fine on Sunday with no fever.

AND she arrived with donuts, wine, and cheese. After the cleaning ended, we all went to E&O for corn fritters and some other things. You know the fritters are good when the ahi tartare is one of the "other things." Bug seemed to like the fritters too.

Then we stayed up watching The Princess Bride and eating m&ms.

So XT, thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you.

And G said that if you ever need to take out someone's kneecaps, he will gladly be a Jeff Gillooly for you.

2 Comments:

  • It was my pleasure to come and hang out with the family. :-D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:13 AM  

  • AW! How sweet!

    Sometimes I wish I had my own personal hitman. Just FYI.

    By Blogger Auntie Sassy, at 11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home