The World According to Jen

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Happy Birthday, Bug!


Bug with Doof

Mmmmm cake


Yesterday was Bug's first birthday. This was quite possibly the fastest year of my life. I'm just waiting for her to sleep through the night.

In honor of her birthday, we had some family and friends over for cake. It was lovely. I think Bug was a bit overwhelmed and a lot overtired, but she did enjoy herself and became quite the ham for the camera.

Her actual birthday brought a trip to the doctor for a check up and shots. She weighs 17 pounds, 1 ounce and is 28.75 inches tall. She's a wee little thing. Her iron level was just fine. And she handled the shots as best she could. Then it was off to the city for dim sum with Uncle Jeff and some errands.

Today, she wasn't feeling well. I think it was probably a reaction to the shots. Poor Bug. Hopefully, she will feel better tomorrow.

I did make it to my knitting class tonight and worked some on the sweater for Bug and some socks (I'm working on the first sock) for me. I'll post pictures when they are done. I'm finally getting used to the double pointed needles. I am knitting the sweater in Lana Grossa Cool Wool 2000 shade 483 and the socks in Nature's Palette by Hand Jive Knits in Lilacs.

4 Comments:

  • that cake looks delicious.

    By Blogger dizzy von damn!, at 11:43 AM  

  • That DRESS is delicious!!!!! Oh, the Bug is just the cutest thing ever. She looks like she held up quite well despite the 1yr shots. Don't they get, like, 5?! Thank you for the pictures!

    By Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl, at 4:07 PM  

  • Happy birthday to her!

    Even though you can't see me, rest assured I'm doing the Van Damme dance in celebration.

    By Blogger The Angry Piper, at 9:53 AM  

  • She is bug-a-licious! Happy Birthday Hannah Banana!!!!

    By Blogger Auntie Sassy, at 6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home