The World According to Jen

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Call Me Suzie Homemaker

Well, not really. That would suggest that my house is neat and anyone who has ever seen where I live knows that I am not good with the neat.

But since I am still doing the stay at home mom thing, I have a lot of time on my hands, but not as much as you would think. I basically have to fit things in between times Bug eats, complains because she's stuck on her tummy and can't roll over, wants attention, and falls asleep on me. Don't get me wrong, I love it when she falls asleep on me -- it's so very cozy. But it also means that I can't move for fear of waking her.

Yesterday, I made pot roast. The solution for entertaining Bug -- bring her bouncy seat into the kitchen and let her watch. Ok, so what is she had to endure the cursing during the onion chopping portion of the program (I hate chopping onions and the resulting burning of the eyes). The resulting dinner was worth it, though. Mmmm pot roast. It was nice to have something that was outside of the regular rotation.

I think my George Foreman grill died. Yes, I own one, deal with it. The upshot, of course, is that now I can go out and get the one with grill plates that go in the dishwasher. Woo hoo. This is a very good thing because I think this one died from drowning in the sink.

There is still no progress on the job front. I finally got the last of the outstanding ding letters. Interestingly enough, they said they didn't want me because I had "too much legal experience." A girl just can't win. So I keep looking. It really shouldn't be this hard to find a job, should it?

In other news, Bug's second tooth has popped through (ouch for mommy) and I think she has figured out she's ticklish. This means that I have a guaranteed way to make her giggle, which is the best sound in the entire world.

2 Comments:

  • Babies are like the opposite of TV. They're always entertaining, and they're highly interactive.

    By Blogger acw, at 7:30 AM  

  • I think that tabletop grills are the bees knees. Everyone should have one.

    By Blogger Auntie Sassy, at 3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home