The World According to Jen

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Quite Possibly the Most Disturbing Thing I Have Ever Seen

Bug and I were heading out in our van to fetch some lunch, waiting to make the right turn off our road onto the road that would take us to the freeway. At the time, I had no idea where we would be going, but it didn't much matter since what I really wanted was to be out of the house. And while we were waiting, I saw something that defied description, but I'll try.*

I have seen this person before; usually he's waiting at the nearest bus stop. Today he had a companion. There he was in all his glory -- fairly tall, fairly old, maybe 300 pounds, wearing old, mismatched army fatigues. And the pants were clearly too big. How do I know this? Because he saw something on the ground and decided to bend over to check it out. And smell it. Ick. Very ick. Amid the bending and smelling was, shockingly, a display of crack that would put the finest of plumbers to shame. There must have been something wrong with his companion because she didn't run away screaming "oh my eyes," which is certainly what I would have done.


I figure that since I had to endure the actual visual, the least I could do is share.

It took awhile before I was able to even consider eating lunch.

*It's at times like these when I wish I owned a camera phone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home