The World According to Jen

Friday, September 16, 2005

Call Me Crankypants

I'm finding that things are annoying me a whole heck of a lot more lately. Maybe I am just getting cranky in my old age. I'm not sure. Anywhere, here is a list of things that have bugged me in the last few days.
  1. I ended up being the one to go out and buy the Gatorade and Benadryl last night. Yay me. Of course, I didn't write a shopping list before heading off to Safeway, so I forgot the Benadryl. G gives me shit about this (the not writing the list), which made me glare at him on the way out the door. Just for that, I made him cook dinner.
  2. This is the kind of Benadryl I wanted, but now I can't seem to find it. Rather than head back over the freeway to the Safeway, I tried the local 7 11, but they didn't have it. Then I went to the local little market, but they didn't have it either, so I bought the children's version and came home. Today, we found out that the closest Walgreens doesn't have it either. Is it wrong to want what I want when I want it?
  3. Why is it that total strangers feel compelled to touch my child? I don't mind when people come up and look at her and tell me how beautiful she is (because she is), but don't start sticking your grubby fingers on her without asking me. Case in point: G and I went out for lunch today because we needed hot and sour soup. We usually get take out, so it's not like the people who work there know us. So here comes our waitress to get a closer look. Then she's grabbing Bug's toes and touching her hair. Then she says that she washed her hands and asked if she could hold Bug. So we said fine and next thing you know she starts walking away toward the kitchen because she wants to show my baby to her sister. Had she gotten more than 15 feet away from us, I probably would have run after her and tackled her. After we have Bug back in her carseat, waitress comes by again to fawn some more, even though G is entertaining Bug. She actually had the nerve to tell G to get out of the way so she could play with Bug. G showed incredible restraint because I would have kicked her had I not been across the table. G simply moved waitress' arm off our child and that was it. She left us alone after that.
  4. The dirty dishes in my house seem to multiply overnight. I'm not sure how this happens. They just won't go away.
  5. My nose is still stuffy, but at least I don't still feel like I am swallowing glass.
  6. XT's ex-asshole, because I have learned just how much of a dickhead he is. Since I didn't kick the waitress, perhaps I should go kick him.
  7. F/X is supposed to show Buffy reruns at 1 and 2pm and today they didn't. Grrrr.

I'm sure I could come up with more, but that's enough for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home