The World According to Jen

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Problem Solved

The crib is gone! Woo hoo! And I didn't have to do anything except talk to my brother in law on the phone. It was worth the sacrifice.

He called this morning from work. Of course, when I saw his number on the caller id, I accidentally on purpose missed the call and waited for the inevitable voice mail. I should know better. He never ever says what he wants on the voicemail. It's always, "Hi Jen, it's BIL. Give me a call back at the office." Why? Who knows? And he never calls just to say hi. So I sucked it up and called back.

Anyway, he had called to say that we was going to be in town to deliver some things to a friend who was collecting items to send to the gulf states and would I like him to take the crib off my hands. Abso-fuckin-lutely. He had popped by over the weekend with his family since they hadn't seen Bug in awhile and he must have noticed that we still had the crib. Even better was the fact that he was only able to come by my place at a time when I wouldn't be home. So all I had to do was leave it outside and he would pick it up. It was annoying that he insisted on knowing why I wouldn't be home, but whatever. I didn't have to expend any effort to dispose of the damn crib and there was no possibility of family strife.

It was so lovely to come home from the farmer's market to no stale smoke smelling crib cluttering up the landing before the stairs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home