The World According to Jen

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

A Whole Lot of Random Thoughts

I couldn't come up with a single topic, so here is a collection of the things that have been going through my brain.

1) I have found myself strangely obsessed with watching tennis on tv. It's not the most thrilling thing to watch, particularly since I have never played the game, but I can't get enough. And I don't watch it the same way I watch golf. The golf channel is often my favorite channel, particularly at 3am when I can't fall asleep. It's so god awful boring that it puts me right out. No, tennis I find fascinating and think that I should give it a go. Never mind the fact that I have no hand eye coordination whatsoever. But if anything could make me skinnier, it could be running around like a crazy person while carrying a racket. And safer for me than racquetball because there are no walls for me to run into. Oh and I think I love James Blake.

2) I have a new nickname for Bug -- it's Ptera, short for pterodactyl. Why, you ask? Because not only has she learned how to shriek, she also makes this sound that I can only attribute to pterodactyls in movies. It's high-pitched, like the shriek, and boy is it loud. I'm not a fan.

3) I feel compelled to say something nice about S's mom. As the evil stepmom, I don't have to, but since the mom is flying to New Orleans for a week to help out (she's a nurse), I have to give her kudos. I'm not wild about her or some of the decisions she makes with regard to S or some of the things she says or does (my mom would have said "she means well"), but good for her for doing something.

4) I have finally stopped obsessively watching everything I can about the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. And since I can't go down to the affected states, the best I can do right now is contribute what I can. A gal who posts on a Babycenter board with me (she miscarried the same month I did) lived in Metairie and pretty much lost everything. She and her family evacuated and are fine, thank goodness. I have never met her and probably never will, but I feel bound to send her something. Or lots of somethings.

5) Bug's (I mean Ptera's) middle name is Katrina. It makes me wonder if, had she been born after the hurricane, would we have chosen a different name.

6) Today's to do list:
  • write and mail thank you notes for job interview
  • buy more fenugreek (herb that helps milk production)
  • buy wine because G bought me some cambozola yesterday (yummy)

I admit it, it's a strange list. But thinking of the wine and cheese has made me hungry. Time for a snack and tennis on tv.

1 Comments:

  • Congratulations -- you've got blog spam!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home