The World According to Jen

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Oh My Eyes

Yesterday, G and I went to lunch at a place that could never be mistaken for a health food restaurant given that they make buffalo wings, cheesesteaks, fish and chips, and homemade potato chips. Yum on all accounts. So anyway, we were finishing up when this young lady comes into the place to grab a soda and G says to me "Jen, look at her outfit."

She was fairly tall and was probably a size 8, but I guess she doesn't like to wear the correct size. I present you with her outfit: pink cropped turtleneck sweater (long-sleeved) and a lace-trimmed, denim mini skirt.

What is the problem, you ask. Well, I'll tell you. I think the skirt was about two sizes two small. As a result, whatever extra amounts there were of her were squished up above the waistband into the space left vacant by the short sweater. It made me think of the chiffon-covered sausage casing that Anonymous Coworker described a few days a go. In fact, I was so mesmerized by the lumpy midriff, that I forgot to check out her shoes and I always check out the shoes. What's particularly sad is that had her clothes actually fit, we wouldn't have noticed her at all.

2 Comments:

  • So she had muffin-top? GLH?

    Totally innapropriate of her.

    By Blogger acw, at 10:24 AM  

  • I was just about to throw out "muffin top" too, anonymouscoworker!! I effing love that phrase.

    I am also unfortunately sporting it today, but at least my sweater is covering it up.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home