The World According to Jen

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Sometimes, I Really Hate People

Following in the footsteps of the Angry Piper, this is my effort to complain about people. I'm just having one of those days. Given that today is the third anniversary of the day my dad died, I'm not in the greatest mood. I had thought I might blog about the evils and dangers of smoking, but I'll save that for later. Instead, I'll just honor my dad in the way I have the last couple of years -- by partaking of the most disgustingly decadent chocolate dessert I can find. Or a hot fudge sundae, but I'll have to eat it the way he did. He was known for eating the ice cream first (i.e. out from under the hot fudge). I also have the head cold that won't die and I'm currently in the process of coughing up my left lung. So not fun for me.

Since I still don't have a job, I am playing stay at home mommy and watching far too much television. Today, it's a marathon of Project Runway. In the last episode, the contestants were charged with redesigning the uniforms for postal workers. While watching it, I think to myself, the mail should be here, so I'll go out and fetch. Wouldn't you know, there was the lady delivering the mail. So I tried to wait for her to just take it from her, rather than make her dodge Aragog the spider's web, squeeze through past the minivan, and get to the mailbox. See, I was trying to be helpful. Her response, dripping with disdain was "could you please try to stay away from me with your cold, ma'am." Gee, now the postal workers are talking down to me. Boy, I must be a real loser. So I went back inside, muttered some non-g rated words under my breath, and sat down to blog.

There was nothing compelling in today's mail. Drat.

Ok, off to fetch some chocolatey goodness.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home