The World According to Jen

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

It's My Birthday and I'll Complain If I Want To

I'm old. I don't know why, but 35 seems really old. I didn't have an issue with 30, so the fact that this bugs me is a bit surprising. The first thing I thought when I looked in the mirror was "do I really look that old?" Oh well.

I'm still waiting on the results of two job interviews. That would so be the best present if I got a call today with good news. I'm trying to be optimistic about it all, but I have never been very good at that. I just hate waiting. Particularly for something like this. And particularly when one of the interviewers said I would hear from her at the beginning of this week. It's all I can do to not call her and find out where things stand.

In other news, G bought me a cashmere sweater (that didn't have a red dot on it) and a book I wanted, so I clearly can't complain about that. And his card made me laugh out loud. He's pretty terrific. I think I'll keep him.

And I get to see Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire in two days. Woo Hoo!!!!!

Ok, so maybe I really don't have too much to complain about.

4 Comments:

  • If you're young enough to enjoy Harry Potter, then you have nothing to worry about being "old".

    By Blogger acw, at 8:26 AM  

  • Well, you can certainly complain that your dumb friend xt completely blew it until she looked at the calendar on the 17th and realized, oh SHIT, how did I miss JenL's birthday?

    I'm sorry honey. I love you. You couldn't possibly be 35, though. You look far too young.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:52 PM  

  • You're right, 35 is OLD! Wait, I'm 35. Okay, 36 is old, but 35 is young.

    By Blogger karla, at 3:30 PM  

  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEN! (I'm a little late, but that's usually the way it goes with me.)

    By Blogger Auntie Sassy, at 5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home