The World According to Jen

Saturday, November 12, 2005

This Stuff Just Annoys Me

Today is November 12. Why is the date relevant? Because this San Francisco radio station decided that playing Christmas music all day was a good idea.* Honestly. It's not even Thanksgiving yet. It's not as if I don't get totally sick of the songs when they don't start until the day after Turkey Day. And where are the Hanukkah songs?

And the Christmas ads have already started to show up on television. Each year it seems that the marketing of Christmas starts earlier and earlier. Perhaps next year it will start in October. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Christmas (even if it does usually involve a family dinner at BIL/W's house and they always get lame gifts for Doof, assuming they don't just give her something one of their kids didn't like, but that's for another entry), but this is getting ridiculous.

In other news, my boys from Cal got their heads handed to them by USC in football today. At least I knew it was going to happen.

*I don't actually listen to that station, I was just channel surfing. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

1 Comments:

  • There is nothing like wanting to settle down so you have an excuse to buy a ceramic pumpkin punch bowl, which is big and impractical, but can be used for both Halloween and Thanksgiving parties. This is what I'm struggling with right now.

    Also, there were Halloween and Christmas decorations side-by-side at Fred Meyer in the middle of October. It’s already begun my sister.

    Stupid consumerism.

    By Blogger Auntie Sassy, at 11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home