The World According to Jen

Friday, July 14, 2006

July 14, 2006

Today is the second anniversary of the day Mom died. And yesterday would have been her 62nd birthday. Together, those two dates make July a tough month. But I am doing ok. It helps that Uncle Jeff is here for a visit, the weather is beautiful, and my Bug is too cute for words.

See for yourselves:



Tonight, we will go out for Mom's favorite meal -- sushi -- and toast her, not with cocktails, but with Pepsi from a can, over ice. And we will miss her a lot, but go on.

Then, tomorrow I can get cracking on buying G his card and birthday present. I'm not going to go too crazy since I bought him an Ipod for Father's Day.

I got my Mother's Day gift on Tuesday. He offered me a spa day, but I chose this instead. It gets me knitting, sock yarn, and a few hours of Jen time. Thanks, G! Picking out your own gift can be a very good thing. A little guilt thrown in doesn't hurt.

Oh and for a good giggle, check this out. Bug enjoys it.

2 Comments:

  • Bab and I toasted your mom with little cokes. :-) And that picture of Bug is too much!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:08 PM  

  • Das BUUUUUUUGGGG!!!

    I'm sorry for your loss, but its great to see you celebrating your moms that way. And you know she's wherever we go, loving the Bug and you and your happy family.

    Bug. Such a little lady. I like her better in diapies, tho; she looks too grown up in her pretty dress.

    By Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl, at 5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home