The World According to Jen

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Too Darn Hot

I'd like to sup with my baby tonight
and play the pup with my baby tonight
I'd like to sup with my baby tonight
and play the pup with my baby tonight
but I ain't up to my baby tonight
cause it's too darn hot
It's too darn hot
It's too darn hot ...

We spent a chunk of the last two days out by the pool because the condo we went doesn't have air conditioning and there is no fan in the attic to get the hot air out of the house. Oh and it hit well over 100. Luckily, Doof and I went to see Pirates of the Caribbean before braving the heat.

Today, I got a sunburn. But that was better than sitting in the sauna that is my home. So we drove to the city so that we could have cooler weather for dinner. It was a joy. And a tasty meal.

Speaking of dinner, here is a list of things that Bug has eaten in the last week or so (in no particular order):

Chips and salsa with cheese
Edamame
Tofu from my miso soup
Steamed rice
Turkey chili
Prime rib (with and without mild horseradish)
Creamed spinach
Yorkshire pudding
Lemonade
Mashed Potatoes
Burger
Fries
Bread with a fabulous tomato and garlic dip sort of thing
Gorgonzola
Ravioli stuffed with fish and ricotta
Pappardelle with sausage
and Animal crackers because everything goes with animal crackers.

1 Comments:

  • The Bug eats better than I do.

    Just wait until she's five, and all she'll eat is pizza and "fren" fries.

    By Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl, at 12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home