The World According to Jen

Monday, January 29, 2007

Are You Kidding?

Tomorrow, I get to go to jury duty. And, until today, I figured that I would have a lot of free time to knit until they told me it was time to go home.

After listening to the recording about how my group needs to show up tomorrow at 9:30 (I get to sleep in), the recorded voice launched into a speech about the new security measures at the county courthouse and listed the things we can't bring into the courtroom. No knives of any size. Ok, sharp, makes sense. No tools for cutting or scissors. Sharp again. No guns. Doy. No explosives and no mace. I don't own either, so no problem.

Then she said this:

Knitting needles will be confiscated.

What? That couldn't be right. I listened to the whole message again. And again with the confiscated. Imagine my horror. I understand that my size 0 Addi turbos that I use for magic loop could possibly be deemed a weapon if someone were really desperate. But all knitting needles? Honestly. Even the double points? Are they really more dangerous than a pencil?

I guess I just can't see the threat there. Do they really expect a posse of crazed knitters to go postal in the courtroom and start attacking people. It's absurd.

Alas, the knitting will stay at home and I'll bring books. But I won't be happy about it.

4 Comments:

  • TERRIBLE!

    can you crochet?

    By Blogger dizzy von damn!, at 1:19 PM  

  • Hunny. I heard about that the last time an office knitter was on jury duty. That SUCKS. Not even plastic needles? If I had to sit around the jury room for HOURS w/o knitting, I'd lose what's left of my mind. Seriously.

    Can't you get your self outta JD somehow?

    By Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl, at 1:41 PM  

  • Hey - email me your snailmail addy (I promise not to stalk you): waskopena (at) comcast (dot) net. Reference SnB in the subject line so the Jman doesn't think it's more of his innernet p0rn.

    By Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl, at 5:29 PM  

  • Nobody takes a girl's Addi turbos and lives to tell the tale.

    Nobody.

    By Blogger Auntie Sassy, at 12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home