The World According to Jen

Monday, December 25, 2006

Again?

This was our contribution to holiday cheer. Bug sat in my lap, watched it, and demanded that I play it again. And again. And again. I think we watched it at least 12 times in a row. And that was only the first day. But it's pretty funny and I could watch it over and over.

It's way better than the video of the new Tickle Me Elmo, which Bug also wanted to watch over and over. Too bad she didn't react so well to the real life one. It frightened her some, but I have no doubt that someday she will love it enough that it will drive me positively insane.

We survived the holiday festivities with the in-laws. That's not to say that it wasn't tense. I made an effort to be friendly and engaging and we shall see how well it was received. I at least know that I tried. The nieces and nephew were delightful and grandma and grandpa spoiled our Bug rotten. But that's their job.

Possibly the nicest part of the day was spending some time with some friends of G's family. G has a good friend who is the eldest of three brothers and G's parents are very close with the parents. The younger two brothers live out of town and don't get home all that often. But, for the first time in forever, all three brothers were in town for Christmas with their parents. And the two from out of town (Oregon and Japan) and their families came for a visit. I don't think we had seen any of them since our wedding. It was lovely to see them and meet their wee ones.

Oh and G got me this for Christmas. And it wasn't even on my list. Thank you, G!

1 Comments:

  • LUV THE ELFIN BUG!!!!!!!

    I actually did that with all my friends' pictures, but none are as cute as the Bugster. :) So glad she was spoiled rotten for the holidays, and very happy it wasn't *too* uncomfortable for you. Hey, you made the effort, so the rest is up to them, right?!

    By Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl, at 4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home