The World According to Jen

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Little Miss Tantrum

Alas, Bug has entered the era of the tantrum. The most recent one happened when I decided that perhaps she shouldn't try to drink the bathwater. Earlier, she had one because I wouldn't let her bang on the computer monitor with a spoon. I know, I'm totally unreasonable.

She's also picking up new words every day, which so far has been incredibly entertaining. Lately, her favorites are the names of her friends at daycare, CJ and Kai. Lucky for us that she hasn't decided to mimic our more coarse language, but it's bound to happen sooner or later. And since G has a unique collection of curse words and phrases, it should be interesting.

In other news, Turkey day was quite nice. My cooking experiments sent no one to the hospital or made anyone ill. And I have discovered what might be the world's best stuffing. So tasty. I plan to make it regularly.

And I survived my birthday with no major meltdowns or drama. I just can't get all that excited about my birthday anymore. It must be a function of being old. And every year it's very strange to not get the phone call complete with bad singing from my dad or the card and call from my mom. But, given that, it was quite lovely. Uncle Jeff gave me yarn and a sockknitting book. My aunt sent a gift card to Macy's. And G gave me this. Alas, no card from BIL/W. How will I survive? Hee.

And on Tuesday I get to go see BNL, my very favorite band in the entire world, in concert in SF.

Life is pretty ok.

3 Comments:

  • happy belated!

    i hope bug learns to say only cute things, and not crass things.

    i'm one to talk!

    By Blogger dizzy von damn!, at 11:18 AM  

  • "Pretty OK" is pretty good, when you consider all the alternatives. I'm glad you're feeling OK (and jealous about G and his good taste!!!)

    When WeeMonkeyGurl was around 2, she started saying what seemed to be "F*ck guys!!!" We were all shamed and embarrassed, until about 6 months later when we realized she was saying "FOCUS!!!!" (something I say often to the other LA drivers.)

    Kids. Sheesh.

    By Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl, at 5:05 PM  

  • Good work, G!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home