The World According to Jen

Friday, December 30, 2005

Christmas 2005

Well we survived. Of course, we didn't manage to decorate our tree until yesterday, but who's counting?

Christmas Eve took us to JD's house for prime rib (yummy), lots of sides, and the chocolate port wine cake I bought for my brother's birthday (yummy again).

Christmas morning was pretty mellow. Bug was most interested in chewing on the wrapping paper, but seeing as how she is 9 months old, that makes sense. Santa brought me what I asked for (t shirts and knitting books). After that, we drove to Doof's house to fetch her Christmas dinner. No more toys for her. This year, at age almost 12, we got her ipod accessories. Three hours of Christmas at BIL/W's house felt more like thirty, but that's pretty typical. Then it was off to Grandma's to exchange gifties and then home. G's sister gave me the equivalent of crack for Christmas -- a cookie jar full of small peanut butter cookies, each topped with a Hershey kiss. Yummy. They are gone now. I didn't even have to share because G doesn't like peanut butter cookies. Also gone is the Uncle Jeff famous chocolate chip banana bread. It made for quite a few tasty breakfasts.

It only got really awkward when various people decided to ask my brother and me fairly ridiculous questions since we were, as always, the only people there who grew up Jewish. For example, "if you hang blue lights outside your house, does that mean you are Jewish?" Perhaps the people with the lights just like the color blue. Perhaps the blue lights were on sale. If only we had thought to respond with, "I don't know. If you spell out your initials in contrasting tile in your bathroom, are you an idiot?" Yes, they did that in one of their upstairs bathrooms.

Otherwise, there's not much to report. We made it through the holidays and no one got hurt, unless you count G spraining his ankle at basketball on Wednesday night.

Oh and on a totally unrelated note, here is a story from today's paper that amused me.

1 Comments:

  • I often wonder about the blue lights to be honest, but I've never been retarded enough to say it out loud...until now I guess. ;)

    However, I have no initials spelled out in my house so I think I'm safe.

    By Blogger Auntie Sassy, at 9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home