The World According to Jen

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween - Then and Now

It's astounding how much Bug has changed in a year. I posted last year's Halloween picture last year, but I'm going to show it again. Because it's cute. And because I can.

Halloween 2005





Halloween 2006


They had a parade and a party at day care yesterday and I can't wait to see the pictures. By the time we got there to pick her up for the day, all of the kids were dressed in their regular clothes. I guess they had grown tired of their costumes.

I tried to take her out trick or treating, but our neighborhood is full of old people, so there wasn't much going on. We did take a nice walk, which tired her out for the evening.

Things are plugging along here. Work has been busy, which is fine since I like being busy. That being said, I certainly don't mind the lull we will have for the next week or so. It means more time for knitting. I have finished knitting the half of a pair of slippers for my mother-in-law's Christmas present. I'm putting off the sewing. I'm not really a fan of the sewing part. The yarn is delicious -- Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted in cranberry. After I finish the slippers, it will be back to socks. Or the sweater I started for Bug last year and never finished. Of course, it's probably too small already.

Oh and any advice on roasting a turkey is more than welcome.

2 Comments:

  • i've roasted a turkey TWICE! i'm so domestic. my advice is to get one with a built in thermometer, because mine never seems to work.

    bug is the adorable.

    By Blogger dizzy von damn!, at 11:36 AM  

  • Ditto. Bug has gotten bigger, but she still has the same sweet eyes and great smile. Gawd, she's gorgeous.

    My advice on roasting turkey? Purchase one. Or better yet, make reservations for thanksgiving (or, if you prefer, the National Day of Mourning.)

    By Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl, at 12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home